Welcome to the Wilcox Central High School Library Media Center. The library staff is here for the purpose of helping you whenever you come to use the Library Media Resource Center. We hope to see you often.
The Wilcox Central High School Library Media Center provides a wide range of services and resources. With over 11,000 books, 15 magazine subscriptions, numerous videotapes, DVD's, audio books and networked Internet access, our goal is to encourage research, engage students in pleasure reading and support the curriculum.
Hours of Operation
Monday - Friday
7:25 a.m. - 3:15 p.m.
Tuesday - Thursday
3:30 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Class and individual instruction
- Booktalks and personal reading guidance
- Automated catalog and circulation system
- Internet access
- Copier service
- Classroom equipment service
- Research assistance
- Research packets and supplies
- Channel One and Cable in the Classroom
- Media production: laminating, recording, videotaping
- Computers for word processing, publications, power point, etc.
- Purchasing and processing of new materials
- Over 11,000 books
- Library media center website
- Online resources
- Alabama Virtual Library
- Over 400 audio/visual titles
- Graduation Exam Review Program
- ACT Preparation Program
- 15 monthly magazines; 6 weekly magazines
- Online Daily newspaper: The Mobile Register
A few rules:
1. A student must have a pass to enter and leave the media center.
2. Students are not to change, delete, or download anything to the computers.
3. NO food or drinks in the library. Please help us keep all materials clean and in order.
4. Reference books may be checked out overnight. Fines for Reference books are 30 cents per day.
5. A student may check out two books at a time for a three week period. Fines for overdue materials is 5 cents per day.
"You are responsible for your life, and doing the best at this moment puts you in the best place for the next moment." -Oprah Winfrey